Monday, April 28, 2008

Walking in the Garden

It struck me the last time I heard the story of Adam and Eve read aloud from the book of Genesis...after their little fruit eating episode they heard "the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day".

What a lovely little picture that is (well, as along as you aren't Adam or Eve). The Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day.

Around here that will usually be late in the day, right after the sun has set but before it gets too dark to fully appreciate the view. Or perhaps, as happened today, early in the morning, when the suns rays had not fully warmed the air or the earth, but the light was breaking through the tops of the trees to illuminate all that lay below.

This morning I took my camera, rather than my cup of coffee, out into the garden. There was a lot to appreciate, and rather than tell you more about it I will simply show you. One last quick note - I do NOT confuse myself as being any sort of creator, much less an Almighty Creator, when I walk in the garden. I won't take credit for doing anything other than bringing plants and seeds and soil and water together. They do the work and I am simply enjoying the results.
CACTUS BLOOM

CALADIUM FLOWER

GAZING BALL


LOUISIANA IRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rollingwood, Central Texas
Family historian by default. Oldest surviving matriarch on my branch of the Family Tree. Story teller, photo taker, gardener, cook, blabbermouth.